Help us create a species database for the McIntosh Run
The McIntosh Run Watershed Biodiversity Project aims to engage the public to create a record of the species living within the watershed. We want to document the biodiversity within the watershed through citizen science using iNaturalist.
We need your help!
- Create an account through the iNaturalist app on your phone or home computer.
- Get out into the watershed and record species sightings
- Share your records with the McIntosh Run Biodiversity Project
The project aims to engage MRWA members, partners, and the general public to create a record of plants, animals, birds, reptiles, bugs, moss, fungus, and lichen living within the watershed. MRWA will use this record to:
- find out with whom we share the watershed
- document rare and unusual species
- plan our trail network and activities with consideration for the species who live here, and
- promote the stewardship and conservation of the McIntosh Run Watershed.