Building and maintaining trails takes effort and materials. For some of the recent trails, it requires 1 to 3 person-hours of labour per metre to build a durable, well-drained singletrack trail in the Watershed. 100% of your Trail Tag payment goes to materials, tools, and paying trailbuilders or contractors for the projects volunteers alone can’t do. Every year there are 1000s of hours of volunteer labour, but funds are necessary too. Purchasing a trail tag is relatively small contribution toward this.
Where do I get my Supporter Tag?
You can purchase your McIntosh Run Trail Supporter tag at the following local businesses! A tag is $25.
- Cyclesmith, 2553 Agricola St (map). Or order online and it will be shipped free.
- Sportwheels, 209 Sackville Dr, Lower Sackville (map). Or order online.
- Bike and Bean, 5401 St. Margaret’s Bay Road, Tantallon
Please email MRWA to add your business to this list.
What do I get for $25?
- A tearproof, waterproof tag that you can hang off a zipper, bike, or hydration pack.
- Local trails. 100% of your payment goes to the trails!
- The trails are a way of developing stewardship for the Watershed in it’s natural state, and protecting this valuable wild area.
Is a Tag required to use the trails?
No, the trails are free to use. The tags are a way to show your support for building and maintaining the trails.
Want to make a larger contribution? Donate here.