*******This Event has been postponed due to the coming storm****** Haven’t made it to a volunteer trail build day but still want to support the Mcintosh Run Singletrack Trails? Come to Good Robot Brewing on April 8th. $1 from every Good Robot beer sold goes […]
MRWA will be one of the host organisations for the 2019 Clean Leadership program. To find out more and apply to the position click here. Our Intern will be joining the MRWA Trail Crew as well as working on some fun summer events. Applications close March […]
MRWA is planning a fundraising event to support the McIntosh Run Singletrack Trails project this fall and we need your help. We will be organising a night of music, socialising, and a silent auction. If you’re trying to get more involved in your community and looking for a fun opportunity to help out a positive organisation, we are looking for volunteers to take on the following roles:
- Members of the Event Organising Committee: help bounce ideas off and help planning the event. Brainstorm! For the most part this will be a “virtual” committee and we will communicate via email for the most part.
- Volunteer Prize Gatherers and Organisers: Gathering and keeping track of silent auction items.
- Sponsorship Chair: We are looking for someone to recruit sponsors for the event.
- Bar tenders: We need a few volunteer bartenders to help “sling drinks” on the night of the event.
- An Audio Visual specialist: – We need someone to help with AV (audio visual) to perhaps set up a screen or on the wall, to run photos of the MRWA park and the trail building and riding / hiking / running.
- Muscle: The night of the event we’ll need volunteers to help lug booze and beer and ice and snack food and munchies and then set up the bar and venue.
If you are interested in helping out please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you enjoy hiking, biking, running and snowshoeing on trails? Do you want more recreational trails in Halifax? Contact your Councillor to express the importance of trails in your life, and that you want Halifax to put money into recreational trails! A coalition of community […]
The Roach’s Pond end of the McIntosh Run Community Trail will be closed while a new subdivision is being built. The trail will be closed from the Roach’s Pond parking lot to just before the pedestrian bridge that connects to Alabaster Way. This portion of […]